2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 sticks cold butter, cut up
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Line 13 x 9 pan with non-stick foil, extended past sides of pan.
3. Mix crust ingredients in food processor or with pastry blender and pat into bottom of pan.
4. Cook 18 minutes until light gold.
2 cups granulated sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
5 large eggs, at room temperature
1 Tbsp freshly grated lemon peel
½ cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp butter, melted
½ tsp salt
1. Beat sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add lemon peel, juice, butter, salt. Beat until well blended.
2. Pour into pan over crust.
3. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool completely. Refrigerate one hour.
4. Sift confectioners’ sugar over lemon squares.
5. Lift out with foil.