This recipe is from Nigella Lawson.
1 cup, plus 2 Tbps flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
½ cup sugar
2 large eggs
4 ripe bananas, mashed, some left in pieces
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
opt. ½ cup golden raisins--boiled in rum and left to soak for an hour
opt. 4 oz. chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Add mashed bananas until just combined
5. Stir in walnuts, vanilla, and optional raisins or chocolate.
6. Pour into 9x5 loaf pan, buttered and floured.
7. Cook 1-1 ¼ hours, until toothpick comes out clean.