¾ cup unsalted butter
¾ cup sugar
2 egg yolks
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp kosher salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1. With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar.
2. Add egg yolks, vanilla, and salt.
3. Gradually add flour.
4. Divide dough in half. Roll into two logs, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the logs in wax paper and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven into 350°
6. Slice the logs into 1/2 inch-thick pieces. Place on baking sheet (on parchment paper).
7. Bake until golden (16-20 minutes).
8. Let cool completely.
9. In a small bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, and zest.
10. Dip the top of each cookie into glaze. Let set 15 minutes.