2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted (yes, melted, like all the way)
1 cup brown sugar (or 3/4 cup, depending on who's eating them)
1 cup white sugar (ditto)
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips (or 1-1/2 cup, again, depends)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Cream butter, brown sugar, white sugar. (won't actually get creamy since butter is melted). Blend in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Cream it for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Place 3-inches apart on the cookie sheet because they may spread out pretty far. Bake 10-15 minutes, depending on the size, until crispy around the edges.