3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
1-inch piece cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground turmeric
8-oz can tomatoes, chopped
1 fresh green chili, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 lb cod, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. In a heavy saucepan, sauté onion in oil until caramelized.
2. Add cinnamon, bay leaf, ginger, and garlic. Fry 1 minute.
3. Add chili, cumin, and turmeric. Fry 1 minute.
4. Stir in tomatoes, chili, cod, and salt.
5. Cover pan and simmer for 15-18 minutes.