These corn bread muffins are so moist they actually do not make any crumbs. I think it's the soy milk, which in my opinion, is even better than regular milk for baking. And what's great is you can make these muffins way ahead of time and freeze them. Take them out of the freezer in the morning, spread them out on a baking sheet, and stick them in a warm oven for 10 minutes right before you need them. They will be perfect and everyone will ooh and ahh. They make about 18 good size muffins.
1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two regular-size muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, beat margarine, sugar, salt, vanilla, and eggs.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and cornmeal.
4. Add the soy milk and flour mixture to the egg mixture, alternating a little bit at a time.
5. Pour into muffin tins, about 2/3 full. Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Make sure you don't overcook them if you are reheating later.