Thursday, October 29, 2009

Challah Stuffing

Every year I follow the advice of the health experts and cook my stuffing in a separate container. This year, my mother-in-law asked what I did differently because the stuffing was amazing. I'll tell you what I did--I stuffed the bird! It was moist and full of flavor. So stuff the bird. You can do all the prep work for this stuffing in advance and then mix it all together at the last minute.

1 challah (about a pound), left out for a day to dry it out
1/4 cup oil
2 stalks celery, diced
1 onion, diced
6 oz. mushrooms, diced
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Fresh parsley, minced

1. Saute vegetables in oil for 5 minutes, until onions soft and golden.

2. Mix well with challah, eggs, and seasonings.

3. Stuff bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment